The following local missions received financial assistance totaling $34,856:
- Kettering Supplies/Partners for a Healthy Youth
- J. F. Kennedy Elementary School, Kettering City Schools
- Artemis Center
- Trinity Presbyterian Church (Saturday breakfasts)
- House of Bread
- FISH (Southeast Dayton Food Bank)
- Jeremiah’s Letter
- Brigid’s Path
- College Hill Hispanic Ministry
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention- Dayton Chap.
Beyond the budget, the congregation participated in:
5th Sunday Mission Offerings have included:
- Sinclair Community College Multi-Faith Campus Alliance
- Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention
- Shoes 4 the Shoeless
- Girls on the Run
Ongoing congregational donations are received for:
- Feeding Our Community 2020/21 (COVID Food Relief)
- Dayton 2019 Tornado Assistance Fund
The congregation gave hands-on support to the following:
- Third Sunday Mission Projects were held periodically after worship. Throughout the year, our members made sandwiches and assembled packs of health and hygiene products for guests at House of Bread, randomly distributed hundreds of daisies around the community, attached notes of caring to food items for FISH/South Dayton Food Bank, made fleece blankets for youth residents of DayBreak, collected diapers and children’s clothing for Hannah’s Treasure Chest, sent Valentine Cards to patients at the VA Hospital, and wrote various notes of love and support to family members who have lost a loved one in the previous year, our school-age kids, High School Seniors, and Young Adults.
- Members regularly helped cook and serve lunch at the House of Bread. Additionally, we have an ongoing collection of belts and socks.
- School supplies were collected for JFK Elementary School, as well as hats, mittens, and scarves from the Mitten Tree. We also provide meals for staff on evenings of Parent-Teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Box Tops for Education are collected for JFK Elementary School.
- Seven families received Christmas gifts and food and Easter Baskets of books and fresh fruit through Jeremiah’s Letter.
- Pop-top tabs were collected for Ronald McDonald House
- Food was collected and delivered to the FISH/South Dayton Food Bank.
- We collect new and gently used Children’s Books for JFK Elementary School and YWCA Dayton‘s Family Residential and Daycare Programs.