The following eleven local missions received financial assistance totaling $26,500 in 2014.
We also gave $1,500 to the Presbytery of the North Coast in Columbia.
Beyond the budget, the congregation participated in One Great Hour of Sharing and the Christmas Joy Offering.
Through our 5th Sunday Mission Offerings we sent additional monies to Catch the Building Spirit, Brief Blessings, Legacy of Healing and St. Vincent de Paul.
The congregation gave hands-on support to the following:
- Third Sunday Mission Projects were held each month.
- Members helped cook and serve lunch at the House of Bread.
- The church contributed 56 shoeboxes to Operation Christmas Child sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse.
- Members went on a weekend mission trip to Good Works in Athens, OH.
- School supplies were collected for JFK Elementary School, as well as hats, mittens and scarves.
- Six families received gifts and food through Jeremiah’s Letter Christmas Project.
- Lunch was prepared and served once a month to the guests of The Castle.
- Pop top tabs were collected for Ronald McDonald House at Children’s Hospital.
- Food was collected and delivered to the South Dayton Food pantry.